From daily news updates, press conferences and more opportunity to catch up on favourite shows, TV consumption has increased during COVID-19. While sports programs have been cancelled for now, there is still a lot of great content that Canadians are tuning in for.
With continued uncertainty and confusion during this time, some advertisers have started scaling back their spend, whether it’s the right thing to do or not. Based on our latest ConexAPI dashboard, TV viewing is on the rise whether it’s news, daytime talk shows, kids programming or prime-time shows.
Here are some highlights of what they are tuning in to:
- Weekly viewing in Quebec Franco was 6 hours more in mid-March than at the beginning of February.
- Total Canada viewing peaked at almost 26 hours per week for Ind2+ compared to 22.7 at the beginning of February.
- Daytime viewing continues to be strong across all reported demos
- Live viewing in prime time is growing in all markets across all reported demos
- Weekly reach of news channels in both Franco & Anglo markets continues to be strong (CBC News, CTV News & LCN seeing growth between 5-15 % points compared to beginning of February)
Clients with TV PPM subscriptions can access the full dashboard (updated weekly) either through Lens or the home page of InfoSys+TV PPM.